Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Little Mermaid Cake

I am still a novice when it comes to cake decorating.  However, when a friend of mine came and asked me to do a birthday cake for her daughter, I gladly said yes! Furthermore, she is a darling and I don't want to break her heart as she came with her Mom to ask me. My friend told me that something simple will do as its so last minute. Her daugther wanted Little Mermaid...as she said "Just Ariel will do" but  must have my name on it, Aunty! And that's what I did..."just Ariel" and her name...ha!ha!  I didn't had much time as they only gave me 2 days warning (as I call it)...ha!ha!

The cake which I made is from my Grandma's recipe - Fruit Cake. I covered it with a layer of buttercream and then wrapped it with fondant. Ariel is from gumpaste and the rest is piped with buttercream. I was worried that her daughter will not like it but when I got a call from my friend telling me that everyone was asking for my contact and how happy her daughter was (MMS-ed me a photo of her daughter and the cake)...I could breathe again...:)

Here's a photo which I took before my buddy came and took the cake for the birthday party.


That's all for this post...nothing much to add! Just so glad that I didn't ruin a girl's birthday!

Till next time....happy baking!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment