Friday, July 5, 2013

Chicken Pau

I have been wanting to make some pau for ages but I can't seem to find any pau flour.  I googled to see if I can just use plain flour and voila!... I can but the pau might turn out to be yellowish.  Heck man...yellowish is a small issue, what's important is I can taste my favourite pau once again.  So, I told my other half that I am going to do pau with plain flour and he was trying to discourage me as he thinks I might fail. I told him that no matter what, I am going to try..just once.

I took out my family recipe and made the pau.  Everything went well.  The last stage was to steam the pau.  My hubby told me that he will watch the pau and I go and play with my kids. Oh well...since he offered, I accepted it.  When I saw my hubby's face and seeing him munching the pau, I knew I succeeded..wohoo.

Here's a photo of my pau using plain flour


Now that I got it right, I am no longer afraid to use plain flour to do pau..wohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment