Friday, September 17, 2010

Chocolate Mud Cake


Scones is for breakfast as my other half says it...
But for me...
Mud cake...now, that's my comfort food...
Simple to do too....
That's my style...



Pre-heat my oven at 165 degrees C and greased my cake pan.
Combined my butter, chocolate, canola oil, sugar, vanilla essence and water in a saucepan.
Stir till it melts over slow heat. Set it aside to cool.
Add the shifted flour in a big bowl, pour in the chocolate mix and eggs.
Fold it in to combine.
Once there's no more lumps, pour into the cake pan and bake.
Took me about 1 hour for it to bake nicely.
While my cake was baking, I started my chocolate ganache for icing my cake.
I just pour in my cream into my saucepan and bring it to boil and pour it into my chopped chocolate.
Whisked the mix till its smooth.
Allow the ganache to be cool before you ice your cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment