Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mooncakes


Happy Mid-Autumn Mooncake Festival!!!

There was a small celebration at our local town council.  When I was young, I often look forward to this celebration as I could stay up late and night, walking around the neighbourhood with my friends in the moonlight of the huge round moon, holding paper lanterns and chit-chatting.  I also love hearing the stories about the moon such as Chang Er, The Jade Rabbit, etc told by the older generations.

Each year I just make the simplest of the simplest...lazy...ha!ha!  For the skin, I just use plain flour, peanut oil, lye water and golden syrup. As for the filling, I always get the lotus paste from the local Asian grocery shop, salted duck eggs and kua chi.  I just bake these babies in the oven for 20 mins @ 200 degrees C.

No comments:

Post a Comment