Friday, November 12, 2010

Nasi Lemak (Coconut Rice)

Nasi lemak is a dish which is another favourite in my family...even my prince and princess love eating nasi lemak ( of course with the sambal as its pretty hot).  Some of my friends eat nasi lemak for breakfast, other will eat it for lunch or dinner. For us, its normally dinner.  Yeah...I know, it pretty fattening....

When I was young, my Grandaunt would steam the rice on a layer of banana leaves in a steamer slowly and flake it with chopsticks. Today, I just boil the rice in the rice cooker....lazy, huh?!  However, I still do my own sambal (hot spicy sauce).  This is a MUST!!! With the sambal, nasi lemak is NOT nasi lemak.  I also fried some turmeric chicken, fried anchovies (ikan bilis), slice some cucumber, deep fry the egg, etc.  Here's a plate of nasi lemak which I plated for my other half...he ate 2 plates of it....its good that he loves it.  As everyone tells me...the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...is that really true?

Nasi Lemak....






No comments:

Post a Comment