Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chow Mein (Stir-Fried Noodles)

Noodles like rice is a staple food in my family. So, its very common to see us eating rice and noodles every single day. In Chinese, chow means stir-fried and mein means noodles. One can really get creative when you want to whip up this 1-dish meal. You can go from plain vegetarian to assorted meat and seafood combo. Today my kiddos requested for a wetter version of the chow mein. I saw this chow mein at safeway and decided to buy a packet to try...just to see if my kiddos will like it as much as the fresh noodles.

Here's the photo of the dried chow mein which I bought.

As I was rushing for time, I made the simplest version. Fried some garlic, ginger and onion and add in chicken meat and fishballs and stir-fry till its fragrant. Next, I add in the sauces, carrot and cabbage and lastly the noodles.  When its boiling, I add in the beaten eggs and sauce cornstarch water to thicken the sauce. Here's a photo of the final product.  Verdict - my 2 kiddos loved it...ha!ha!  That's what every mother will want to see and hear... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment