Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spelt Bread (Dinkelbrot.) & My 1st Sewing Project

I heard about spelt bread from my friends from Germany and they call it Dinkelbrot.  When I went to the store to buy myself a packet of spelt flour, I asked the kind lady there about the spelt flour. She mentioned that this flour produces a softer grain of gluten thus more gentle toward the digestive system.  She also informed me that spelt flour is NOT gluten free. However, its low GI. I used the same old recipe which I often use to make white bread but substitute the flour with spelt flour.  Here's a photo of my spelt bread.


***

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, my other half bought me a sewing machine. My prince has been bugging me to sew him a Ben10 pants and my princess wants her Dora dress. I did not have any commercial patterns at hand. Therefore, the next best thing to do was to trace the pattern from their favourite pants / dress. Here's my finished sewing project.  Here's a photo of my son's Ben10 pants.




Here's a photo of my daughter's Dora dress.


So...this home engineer has another job...sewing...ha!ha!
That's all for this post...till next time.. ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment