Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Linzer Cookies

My other half just love linzer cookies. I heard from my Chef that linzer cookies actually comes from linzertorte.  And the city which produces linzertorte is called Linzer which is in Austria.  The linzer cookies is 2 cookies sandwiched together with jam. Furthermore, the top cookie will have a cut-out in the middle to expose the yummylicious jam which will catch the eye of the observer. Lastly, linzer cookies will be dusted with icing sugar.

I made some linzer cookies this afternoon to surprise my other half.  He has been working hard for the past week and I wanted to show him how much I love him and appreciate him. Hence, I decided to make some cookies...his favourite, that is.  I used my food processor to do the cookie dough, rolled it out and use the cookie cutters to cut out the cookies. Then I plonked it into the over at 180 degrees C for 14 mins. Once its cooled, I sandwiched it with his favourite jam....tadaa....

Here's a photo of my linzer cookies...


I did not even have time to dust it with icing sugar....haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment