Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vanilla Slice

Vanilla slices....its the Australian version of the French "mille-feuille". So, what is mille-feuille? It means a thousands layers. Some people also call the mille-feuille, the Napoleon. I remember when I was a student, my Austrian lecturer told us that mille-feuille has 3 layers of puff pastry and 2 layers of custard.  The vanilla slices which I make every day consists of 2 layers of butter puff pastry and its sandwiched with custard, covered with a layer of fondat and lastly, sprinkle with snow sugar and its one of the best seller at work. Here's a photo of my vanilla slices.


Did you know that there's an annual competition which is held in Australia when bakers will come from far and near to compete for the BEST Vanilla Slice Baker? Awesome, isn't it?!

I also made a mud cake birthday cake for one of my customers. I really hope they will love it.  Here's a photo of it.



Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment