Saturday, November 17, 2012

Danish Pastry, Mango Cheesecake & Cupcakes

Danish pastry....this is one pastry which I can eat time and time again...I love it more when its straight out from the oven..yummy!  Where is it from? Denmark, one may think. However, its from Vienna, Austria. Over here, we will have custard and jam in the middle or inside of the danish, and we will decorate it with fruits. I often bake these babies, however, it seems that not many people likes it here though....maybe I am not getting the local flavours right...hmmm??!!??



Mangoes are pretty cheap now and its goes nicely with cheesecake. Its also full of Vitamin A and C. Hence, I decided to whip-up mango cheesecake at my workplace and wanted to see if its a hit.  I am happy to say that its has been selling pretty well....I am indeed delighted.  Here's a photo of my mango cheesecake.


And lastly...here's something for the children...cupcakes or patty cakes.  From the stories I heard from my Chef, cupcakes were already in existance since the 19th century, believe it or not.  I have been using a basic cupcake recipe but I found out that the children prefers it when I use the chocolate cake recipe.  Hence, I decided to make chocolate cupcakes and am pleased to say that its pretty popular...wohoo! Here's a photo of my cupcakes.


That's all for now...till next time...happy baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment