Friday, January 4, 2013

Focaccia ....how do you pronounce it?

Focaccia...this is a delicious Italian bread which is topped with herbs and other ingredients (its more like...whatever one love to put on top of the bread thingy).  I often finds it hard to pronounce this delicious flat bread.  One of my Italian friends said that her Mom taught her the Italian pronounciation and to me it sounds like "fore - car - cha".

One thing I know about this flat bread...it loves olive oil and can never have enough of it.  I love dotting these babies before I prove it.  Some people will prove it in the prover and other will let it prove just on the kitchen  bench. Olive oil is the moisturiser of this bread and it sucks it all in...amazing!!!

Focaccia is commonly use as a sandwich bread over here. However, its delicious on its own too.  Here's 2 photo of  my focaccia.

 


 Before it goes into the oven...



Just come out of the oven...

I just love the smell of these babies baking in the oven....yummylicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment