Saturday, November 3, 2012

Japanese Cheese Cake

I have always been interested in learning how to do the soft and fluffy cheese cake which I often bought in a japanese cake shop near my house when I was young.  When I went to Japan, I love the soft and fluffy cheese cakes which I could find everywhere. However, back here, I don't seems to be able to find anything similiar to it even though I venture out to chinatown.

When I was in university, one of my friends (she is from Japan) gave me the recipe as a birthday present and when I made it the first time, I failed big time and I told myself that maybe I am just not good at baking. However, after graduating and started working, I finally managed to bake this delicious soft and fluffy cheese cake.  Even though it doesn't look like the store bought ones, the taste is just awesome.

Since I found some cream cheese in the fridge, I decided to make the cheese cake which I love and I kept my fingers crossed the whole time...just in case, I fail again.  After taking some photos, we couldn't help ourselves and ate it with delight.  Here's a photo of my humble japanese cheese cake.


Till next time...happy baking!!!

2 comments:

  1. You just remind me I have so long did not bake this cake .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my humble block, Sonia! :) I just love reading your blog...its like I am on an adventure...:)

    ReplyDelete