Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day with Pork Kuey Teow Teng (Pork Rice Noodles Soup Version)

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers!!!

I remember when I was young when my Grandma will be simmering a pot of stock (chicken bones, pork bones, seafood, etc) to make Kuey Teow Teng for Mother's Day. Its a tradition in my family where all Mother's will be served with this delicious one dish meal upon waking up. Besides this delicious broth, there will be all sorts of yummylicious meat and seafood such as prawns, minced pork, fishballs, fishcake, liver, all sorts of seafood, etc, etc, etc which is served with this dish. This is a day where all Mothers' will be pampered to the core and this delicious soupy dish will boost the immune system.

I decided to try to make this delicious dish for Mother's Day....its for my whole family on this cold and rainy day.  I made the broth a day before to enhance the taste. As my Grandma used to say, the longer you simmer the broth, the more sedap it will be. I wanted to get all the condiments just like my Grandma but my other half told me not to do so much....just use whatever we have in the house...alamak!!! can die!!!  Oh well, since its raining, I tak kuasa to go to the supermart.  So, in the end, I just use what I can get my hands on.

Here's my version of my Grandma's Pork Kuey Teow Teng.


Got to go now...my kuey teow teng is waiting for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment