Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Microwave Chocolate Cake


This is one cake recipe which I will keep as long as I cannot find something simpler. Why? If there's any emergency / surprise visits from family, relatives or friends, I can whipped out a simple chocolate cake within 5 mins. Just combine the dry ingredients together - flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients together too - brewed coffee, oil  and vanilla essence.  Then, blend everything together. Pour into a microwavable cake pan and microwave on high for 5 mins. If I still have some time before the guests arrive, I will whip out some chocolate sauce and just glaze it.  I am always happy with the results and there's always some wows and yummies from everyone who have tried it.

As you can see from the photo, chocolate cake has always been the best seller...ha!ha! I took this with my handphone while joking about chocolate being girls'  best friends, etc, etc, etc....I guess chocolate is still girls' 2nd best friends. Its so sinful, its just so heavenly. My other half often jokes with his buddies saying "my wife prefers chocolates than diamonds". I read in one of magazines before that chocolate produces a chemical calls phenylethyamine and this is THE chemical that sends out the "loveeeee feeling" signal from our brain and we will feel so loved.  For me, when Aunty Flo comes to town, I will definitely bake or microwave myself a chocolate cake. Hmm....I am hearing Shakira's I am feeling the love........in my head now....ha!ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment