Saturday, November 10, 2012

Japanese Roll Cake - 2nd Attempt

I am the joke in this household at the moment...sigh!!! How can I call myself a baker if I can't even bake a simple swiss roll / roll cake perfectly. *Embarrassing siah!!!*  I was telling my Chef about it and he said, no one is perfect, girl. Even he himself who has 40 years of experience still cannot do some items. But, he told me not to give up ever...yes-siree...am NOT going to give up.

This time around, am going to make a simple roll cake...just with cream. My little prince complained that the jam which I spread on the roll cake the first time wasn't his "favourite".  He would prefer to have roll cake with cream only.  So, this time around, its roll cake with cream only for my little prince.  I tried a new recipe for my 2nd attempt. Since its hard to get cake flour here, I used plain flour and cornflour.

Here's a photo of my roll cake, rolled and ready to be placed in the refrigerator. This will be chilled for at least 30 minutes.



After 30 minutes, I kept my fingers crossed, opened it up and cut the roll....took a deep breath and "phew!!!"....I finally able to say, I did it.  Not as perfect as I would like it to be, but, its good enough for me. My other half and my little prince and little princess ate it happily.



Till next time....ta-daa

No comments:

Post a Comment