Sunday, September 25, 2011

School Holidays...

This is not a post about food...its about a Mum's roles in a family.  How did I ended up talking about this? Well...as you all know, school holidays have started and I have to put on my planner hat to plan activities for my 2 precious. I chatted with a friend of mine and she was amazed that I had so much energy even though I have 2 active kids. Boy, oh boy, she doesn't see me all tired out, dying to crawl into my warm bed...

I never knew before I got married that being a married woman needs to wear so many hats - Wife (to my DH), Mother (to my 2 precious kids), Daughter (to my parents), Friend (to my friends), Teacher, Artist, Chef, Chambermaid, Cleaner, Taxi Driver, Police Officer cum Detective, Counsellor, Nurse (to my family)....the list goes on, I tell you.  24 hours a day is just not enough and no matter how hard you try, even though you neglect your precious "sleeping hours", somehow, something is just NOT done...like folding the laundry, vacuuming the carpet, etc. There's no more "Me" time once you are a Mother.  So, when DH gives me this precious gift "I take care of the kids and you do what you want to do", I will take it without a single thought as its a seldom thingy. But, DH is my rock...he helps whenever he can and I really appreciate and love him for it.

Spring is here and we finally decided to bring our 2 precious to Fairy Park as we felt that they know the fairy tales pretty well now. So, we head off to Fairy Park at 8ish and we got there within 2 hours.  We had fun there and I was really happy to hear my 2 precious telling us the stories about Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, etc. I am so proud to hear my 2 precious being our personal storytellers of the day. :)  We walked through the Fairytale Land, went to the Model Trains room, went up the Summit and after lunch, went down to the Camelot Playground.

Here's some photos of our trip to Fairy Park






We really had a wonderful time at Fairy Park.  Will definitely go again...

And they live happily ever after....




No comments:

Post a Comment