Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thin Butter Cookies

Butter cookies especially the ones in the big round blue tin (Kjeldens Danish Butter Cookies) was a favourite when DH and I were young. Once we finish eating those cookies, those big tins will be as boxes to store countless of stuff. Whenever I came across any butter cookies recipes, I begged my Grandma to try it, hoping that I could eat those yummy cookies whenever I wanted, not when the "adults" felt like buying it for me. However, I could never ever find any recipes which taste like Kjeldens.

Just few days ago, a friend of mine e-mailed me with a recipe with huge words stating that this is THE recipe which I was looking for since I was a young girl. I could not wait to try the recipe and as always, my tester is my DH...ha!ha!  The request was to have thin cookies...reminds me of thin mints....maybe I should find a recipe for that too... :)

The verdict...the cookies is not Kjeldens but its good enough for the whole family to finish it within the same day...cookie monsters!!!

Here's a photo of the cookies....



Till next time...keep munching, cookie monsters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment